Effective Date: January 1, 2019
WHO is Responsible for the Processing of Your Personal Data?
WHAT Personal Data Do We Collect and WHEN?
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, contact our consumer services, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or use our Sites or Apps.
This personal data includes your:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number and shipping, billing address;
- login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID;
- personal details including gender, hometown, date of birth and purchase history;
- payment or credit card information;
- images, photos and videos;
When interacting with our Sites and Apps, certain data is automatically collected from your device or web browser. This data includes:
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information; and
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags.
We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
TOOLS to Manage What Personal Data We Collect
When using our Apps and Sites, we also provide in-time notice or obtain consent for certain practices. For example, we will obtain consent to use your location or send push notifications. We may obtain this consent through the Apps or Sites or using the standard permissions available on your device.
In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of personal data. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
At this time, we do not respond to “do not track” signals sent by web browsers.
WHY and HOW Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your personal data in the following ways:
To Provide the Features of the Sites, Apps, and Services You Request
When you use our Sites and Apps, we will use your personal data to provide the requested product or service. For example, if you make a purchase on Politiflops.com, or participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event or promotion. If you contact our consumer services, we will use information about you, such as delivery or payment information, or the product you have purchased to help you resolve a problem or question.
In many cases, to use particular features within our Sites and Apps you may need to provide Nike with additional data or additional consent to use particular data in a certain way. Similarly, to share content on social media, you may be required to provide your social media account credentials to sign in.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional Purposes
If you are an existing customer of Politiflops (for example, if you have placed an order with us), we may use the contact details you provided to send you marketing communications about similar Politiflops products or services, where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted-out). In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information.
We may use the information that you provide to us as well as information from other Politiflops products or services – such as your use of Politiflops Sites and Apps, your participation in Politiflops events and contests – to personalize communications and advertisements regarding our products and services that may be of interest to you. For registered users, this may include data collected from your interactions with our Sites and our Apps that are associated with your account across devices.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services
We use the personal data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we use that information for accounting, audits and other internal functions. We may use personal data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Sites and Apps.
To Protect Our or Others’ Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Sites, Apps and services to understand customer behavior or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to Politiflops.com search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organize and present product offerings in our storefront.
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
SHARING of Your Personal Data
Politiflops shares your personal data with:
- Politiflops entities for the purposes and under the conditions outlined above
- Third party service providers processing personal data on Politiflops behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, advertising, analytics, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features.
- To any other third party where you have provided your consent.
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
When you use certain social features on our Sites or Apps, you can create a public profile that may include information such as your screen name, profile picture and hometown. You can also share content with your friends or the public, including information about your Politiflops activity. We encourage you to use the tools we provide for managing Politiflops social sharing to control what information you make available through Nike’s social features.
PROTECTION and MANAGEMENT of your Personal Data
- Encryption & Security: We use a variety of technical, administrative, and organizational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools in certain circumstances, to maintain the safety of your personal data.
Despite our efforts, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You can help keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
- Retention of your personal data: We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this policy, unless otherwise required by law. For example, we keep your account profile information for as long as you keep your Politiflops account, but, we may keep your order history longer to comply with legal obligations.
- Managing your personal data: You may have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data (portability); (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iii) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you have a request regarding your personal data that cannot be fulfilled from your account settings, please contact us. Contact details can be found in the “Question and Feedback” section below.
- Managing your content: You can request removal of your posted User Generated Content on the Site or App, but please note that removal may not encompass all possible locations, for example, back-ups or sharing by other users initiated prior to removal.
- Managing your notifications: If you have a Politiflops account, you can opt-out of receiving Politiflops marketing communications by modifying the preferences in your account settings. Alternatively, you can opt-out by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions in the message or by contacting us. Contact details are in the “Questions and Feedback” section below.
COOKIES AND PIXEL TAGS
Politiflops collects information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our Sites. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Sites such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via Sites through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Sites within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Sites’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Sites. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Your browser can help you manage cookies. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Sites and Apps more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. There are also general resources for opting out of interest based advertising available on the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Similarly, you can adjust your advertising preferences on your mobile device at the device level. For example, to adjust your advertising preferences in iOS, visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking. To adjust your advertising preferences in Android, visit Settings > Google > Ads > Opt out of interest-based ads.
SECURE SHOPPING GUARANTEE
We use the industry standard encryption protocol known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to keep your order information secure. We’ve established a Secure Shopping Guarantee for every transaction that you make with www.politiflops.com. Should any unauthorized charges appear on your credit card as a result of shopping with www.politiflops.com, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures. If you have more questions regarding our policy, you can call send us an e-mail at: email@example.com.
In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users of the Web Site, you release Politiflops LLC (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, vendors, sub-contractors and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
You or we may suspend or terminate your account or your use of this Web Site at any time, for any reason or for no reason. You are personally liable for any orders placed or charges incurred through your account prior to termination. We may also block your access to our Web Site in the event that (a) you breach these Terms of Service; (b) we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or (c) we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us.
WEB SITE DISPUTES
“Web Site Disputes” include: (a) any claim you may have against Politiflops LLC in connection with the Site, (b) any claim Politiflops LLC may have against you in connection with the Site, and (c) any action to enforce the Terms and Conditions or to object to the Terms and Conditions.
All other disputes are Non-Web Site Disputes. Any claim arising from your purchase of an Politiflops LLC product or service is a Non-Web Site Dispute. Any claim arising from the content of any offer or advertisement on the Site is a Non-Web Site Dispute.
WEB SITE DISPUTE RESOLUTION – ARBITRATION, JURY TRIAL WAIVER, AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
Neither you nor we will be able to sue in court in connection with a Web Site Dispute. All Web Site Disputes must be resolved through individual (non-class) arbitration. You indicate your acceptance to these Terms and Conditions, including this agreement to arbitrate, by continuing to use the Site after having the opportunity to review these Terms and Conditions.
You and Politiflops LLC intend for this to be an agreement for arbitration that can be enforced under the Federal Arbitration Act (FAA), 9 U.S.C.A. §§ 1–16.
You and Politiflops LLC waive any rights to maintain other available resolution processes for Web Site Disputes, such as a court action or administrative proceeding, to settle disputes. You and Politiflops LLC waive any right to a jury trial for Web Site Disputes.
Instead of suing in court, we each agree to settle Web Site Disputes only by arbitration. The rules in arbitration are different. There’s no judge or jury, and review is limited, but an arbitrator can award the same damages and relief, and must honor the same limitations stated in the agreement as a court would.
Any Web Site Dispute shall be determined by arbitration in Oregon before one arbitrator(s). The arbitration shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures, available at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration/. Judgment on the award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction. If for any reason, JAMS cannot or will not provide this arbitration, the parties may ask any court of competent jurisdiction to select an arbitrator from a list provided by the parties.
To the extent a party commences any action with includes both Web Site Disputes and Non-Web Site Disputes, consideration of the Non-Web Site Disputes shall be stayed until the Web Site Disputes are fully arbitrated. Then, any Non-Web Site Disputes will be considered by any court of competent jurisdiction.
You agree that you will not file a class action against Politiflops LLC and its affiliated companies, or participate in a class action against Politiflops LLC and its affiliated companies, in any Web Site Dispute. You agree that you will not file or seek a class arbitration, or participate in a class arbitration against Politiflops LLC and its affiliated companies, in any Web Site Dispute.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (“DMCA”) NOTICE
In operating the Web Site, we may act as a “services provider” (as defined by DMCA) and offer services as online provider of materials and links to third party web sites. As a result, third party materials that we do not own or control may be transmitted, stored, accessed or otherwise made available using the Web Site. If you believe any material available via the Web Site infringes a copyright, you should notify us using the notice procedure for claimed infringement under the DMCA. We will respond expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the DMCA to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the Content. Our designated agent (i.e., proper party for notice) to whom you should address infringement notices under the DMCA is Politiflops LLC, P.O. Box 1140, 13121 Louetta Rd., Cypress, Texas 77429 USA or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the following notice:
Identify the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed; Identify the material on the Site that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that we may locate it on the Site including a link to the page; A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (a) the above information in your notice is accurate, and (b) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner; your address, telephone number, and email address; and your physical or electronic signature.
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns, or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
You may also contact Consumer Services or our Privacy Office at: Politiflops LLC, P.O. Box 1140, 13121 Louetta Rd., Cypress, Texas 77429 USA or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed with the aim of resolving the issue in a timely and effective manner.